Skip to main content

Let sleeping dogs lie [Edited: 08 August 2006]

Let it be.
Let it be.
There will be an answer.
Let it be.

That's what The Beetles say, at least. So, seriously, let it be.

Who am I talking to? I think, probably, I'm talking to me. Let it be, Tiff. It doesn't really matter. Let life live itself. Stop asking people what they think. Does he really like me? Does it really matter?

If he does like me, then that will pan itself out, now won't it? If he doesn't, the same goes. I still have a really cool friend that I enjoy hanging out with.

I just I would stop asking people about it. Because I know what I want to hear. "Yeah, he's totally into you."

Of course, there are others who just automatically assume. Which annoys me. I'm hanging out with a friend who just happens to be a guy. And all of a sudden it becomes a 'hot date'. No, it's not! I don't even know if he likes me or not.

Someone out there is reading this and shaking their head and thinking: I can't believe someone took time to post this into a blog. Heck, I can't believe someone like this has access to the internet.

Hey man, ditto. I can't believe I'm posting this.

I think the reason why I'm overanalyzing is that I'm pretty sure that he's just a cool friend and the feelings are not reciprocated. But everyone else is telling me that it looks like they are.

But whatever.

Just don't get in over your head, Tiffany. You don't wanna be stupid and get hurt. 'Cause gosh that's too easy. Matters of the heart are far too fickle for my liking.

You know what else is messed up? I really like this guy. And I don't like the whole dating around type of road...I'm far to emotional for that.

You know, I really don't want to be like that. It's just not the sort of thing I do. I'm not supposed to. I'm not supposed to want to. I'm not supposed to agree to. Is this what normal people do?

I make bad decisions. I don't want any of this. Not really. All I want is for guy #1 to call me and ask me out on a date. A real date.

What does Kate Monster say?
  1. He likes me. I think he likes me. But does he like me like me, like I like him? Will we be friends, or something more? I think he's interested, but I'm not sure!!! (Mix Tape)
  2. I'm kind of pretty, and pretty damn smart. I like romantic things like music and art. And as you know I have a gigantic heart! So why, don't I have a boyfriend? It sucks to be me! (It Sucks To Be Me)

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia