Skip to main content

Boyfriend or not

So Mike is meeting with his mentor for breakfast today. He wants to talk with Alan about me before he starts calling me his girlfriend.

For all intents and purposes, though, I am his girlfriend. But I'll respect this.

He really values what Alan has to say. I voiced my opinion, though, and wondered: well, what if Alan says, 'no'? I can't help but wonder what will happen! And Mike told me that he didn't want to give me any hint that he might not like me. Because he really does. He just wants to be wise and careful.

We use that word a lot: wise. Are we being wise? What is in a title? I don't really know. All I know is that I really like Mike. And if this is very important to him, well then, I guess it's really important to me too.

I'm kinda head-over-heels. Yeah. He's good.

Good: Being positive or desirable in nature; not bad or poor. Having the qualities that are desirable or distinguishing in a particular thing. Not spoiled or ruined. In excellent condition; sound. Superior to the average; satisfactory. Of high quality. Worthy of respect; honorable. Attractive; handsome. Beneficial to health; salutary. Competent; skilled. Complete; thorough. Reliable; sure. Valid or true. Genuine; real. Pleasant; enjoyable. Propitious; favorable. Of moral excellence; upright. Benevolent; kind. Loyal; staunch. Well-behaved; obedient. Socially correct; proper.

On another subject: Mike is going though a lot of seemingly middle-school drama with a friend of his. I won't mention any names, but if you know what I'm talking about, then I really don't even need too. Mike used to really like her, but she told him that she could never date him. So he got over it. When Mike and I first met, we weren't planning on getting together like we have. It was just a new friend, you know? And that's what he told her. He's dating me now, and she's reacting very strangely. From what I've gathered, she's not all that fond of me. But guess what? She doesn't even know me! I've only met her once. And it wasn't a very long interaction. I want to send her an e-mail to maybe try to be friends with her. But I don't know what to say or how to begin.

It bothers me that she doesn't like me, though she's never even met me. I probably shouldn't let it bother me. But there it is.

Comments

  1. So what happened ... are you official?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The suspense is terrific.

    What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia