Skip to main content

*Sonnet 18*

Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day?

Thou art more lovely and more temperate:

Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,

And Summer's lease hath all too short a date:

Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,

And oft' is his gold complexion dimm'd;

And every fair from fair sometime declines,

By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd:

But thy eternal Summer shall not fade

Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;

Nor shall Death brag thou wanderest in his shade,

When in eternal lines to time thou growest:

So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,

So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.


~William Shakespeare



I think this is my favorite sonnet. I was babysitting and it came to mind so I had to post it. Then I thought of "Clueless" and and that makes me think of "Love's Labour's Lost" [because of Alicia Silverstone] and now I want to see "Love's Labour's Lost" again.

~*~*~

Clueless
Dionne:
"'Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, but thy eternal Summer shall not fade.' Phat! Did you write that?"

Cher:

Duh! It's like a famous quote.

Dionne:

From where?

Cher:

Cliff's notes


~*~*~


Love's Labour's Lost
Boyet:

His face's own margin did quote such amazes

That all eyes saw his eyes enchanted with gazes.

I'll give you Aquitane and all that is his

If you give him for my sake but one loving kiss.

Princess:

Come to our pavilion. Boyet is disposed!!!

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia