Skip to main content

July books

I'm on such a novel kick right now! I spent this first part of the year devouring nonfiction, which takes a little longer for me than fiction stories. But now, I'm just inhaling all these wonderful books. I just love getting lost in a good book!

The Flight of Gemma Hardy is a retelling of Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre set in Scotland and Iceland in the '50s and '60s. I've never read Jane Eyre but I loved this novel so dang much. I loved Gemma and it was the kind of book I was sad to see end.

The Hating Game is a feel-good romance. As you can tell, it starts with this two people who hate each other. Josh and Lucy work together everyday and are up for the same promotion at work. This book was just so dang enjoyable to read!

I honestly thought I would like this more than I did. It was fine, I mean, I liked it. But I didn't love it. I, just, I don't know. I couldn't identify with Belle or she didn't seem like the Belle I "know."

Dark Triumph is the second in the His Fair Assassin series. This time it is from the perspective of Sybella whom we met in the first novel. It starts close to when the last novel ended. Just like the last one, I LOVED it. I sped through it. I'd read them again.

I listened to this on Hoopla (y'all, I love Hoopla) and it actually took me a little while to get into it. But once I was about 1/3 of the way through, I was hooked. I love whodunnits and this was no exception. Also, I love all the bird names. ;)

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman