Skip to main content

Daily photo | self portrait

I've been wanting to take a decent self portrait for a while now and I really like how this turned out. Of course, it was one of, like, three dozen. For my setup, I kind of channeled (just a wee bit) Jose Villa. I had him in mind when I stood right in front of the window and metered for the shadow. I love how the light is wrapping around.

Oh, also! I'm now editing using a Wacom Pen and Touch tablet. It's Mike's and he never uses it so, last night, I thought I'd give it a try. Definitely a learning curve but it's kind of fun. My favorite part so far it that it gives me a steadier hand and more control when editing.

And just for funsies, here's the before and after. Yeah, I added some makeup in Lightroom. I don't mind how I look in the original or anything, I was just playing around with the editing and ended up liking how it turned out. Too heavy handed? Probably, but I'm still new to this. Though, if I was to go back and edit some more, I might add some shadow to my neck to separate it from my chin a bit more. Annnd...I'm off to go put some eyeliner on. ;)

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman