Skip to main content

Grand Memories | Guest Post: Megan

I'm up in Michigan visiting my grandmother. While I'm away from my little blog, I thought I'd have some of my favorite bloggers share some of their memories about their grandparents. First up is my sweet friend Megan. She's not a blogger, but she's a fabulous Instagrammer (@megharks32) and the mother of the cutest little girl around. We "met" when we were paired together for a Cara Box exchange. I'm so happy to have her share on my blog today!

• • • • • • • • • •

I just want to say, thank you for thinking of me, and asking me to do this!

I have very fond memories of both sets of grandparents. Some of my fondest memories are from spending time with my mother's parents on a small farm in Sumter, SC. It was way out in the middle of nowhere, a small brick house surrounded by tall pine trees with a circle driveway that would go all around the house. At the time when I was 7 years old, this place seemed huge and very different from the suburban neighborhood that I lived in back in Simpsonville, SC.

My very favorite memory of my grandfather PaPa, would be, he had 2 very large chicken houses where he housed thousands of chickens. To get to them we had to drive down a long straight dirt road, and he had a little tan pick up truck that he would take turns letting me and my brother sit in his lap and steer the truck down that dirt road to the chicken houses. This meant the world to my brother and me. We were only 7 and 9 years old and we thought we were driving. :)

And my favorite memory of my grandmother, MaMa, is being in their little country house in the kitchen watching her cook. I would stay in that kitchen and watch EVERYTHING she did. I even remember the types of bowls and plates and cups she had, and honestly that is where my LOVE for vintage Pyrex comes from. Every time I use any of my pyrex bowls, it takes me back to that little kitchen watching her make fried chicken and fried okra and all the good stuff. :)

My sweet grandfather passed away when I was 11 years old, and my grandmother sold that little farm, but I still remember everything about it! Grandparents are special gifts, they can teach you so much and can really have a hand in molding some of your earliest memories!!
via @megharks32

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman