Skip to main content

The Beauty Box by Target is finally here! {photos and quick reviews}

We all know that I'm sucker for a beauty box. What about that has 5 samples for only $5? SOLD. It was about six weeks ago that I first heard about the new Beauty Box by Target which would include some drugstore brands and some high-end brands. I immediately ordered mine and then promptly forgot about it.

Needless to say, I was super excited and surprised to see it in the mail today (with my Ipsy bag! Great mail day!)

The box was chock full of goodies including a Target coupon. You know I'll be using that!

Gillette Venus & Olay razor in sugarberry. Not sure what sugarberries smell like, but I guess I'll find out. It comes with one cartridge, one razor, and one shower hook. This is the kind that has the gel bars so you don't technically need shaving cream. These are actually what I'm currently using, and I really like them. I don't mind getting a new razor because mine is so old that I am more than happy to swap my old Venus razor for a fresh new pink one. Also, cartridges are expensive so getting one makes me super happy.

L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. I've got a sample of this before and it was very interesting to try. This B.B. is kind of weird. It comes out with beads that break and adjust to your skin tone as your apply the product. It claims to prime, correct, hydrate and perfect, but it's so thin that it doesn't really do much other than evening our your skin tone a bit. I'll use it, but I doubt I'll ever purchase this product.

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips in 420 Sweet Tart-an. Oh, I was excited to see these in the box! I don't buy nail polish strips very often, but I'm always a big fan when I manage to snag a set. They come in lots of designs, are easy to apply, and last a heck of a lot longer than a regular manicure (at least for me)! I like but don't love this design.

Frederick Fekkai Glossing Cream. I've never used an Fekkai products but I've heard good things about this brand, so I'm looking forward to trying the cream. Trying to determine value was tricky because I couldn't find this product anywhere. Looks like this line may be discontinued for the "Brilliant Glossing" line? This is still available as part of the Glossing Starter Kit, though.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment. "Uses: For the treatment of acne. Dries and clears acne blemishes and allows skin to heal." I don't know much about this product. It gets decent reviews and I pretty much love anything that contains Benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. For a product to contain both, I'm pretty sure I'll be a big fan. 

Let's break down the value now, shall we?
Gillette Venus & Olay razor: $8.99
L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. in Light: $0.20 (based on price of $7.99 for 1oz tube)
Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips in 420 Sweet Tart-an: $8.50
Fekkia Glossing Cream. ~$10 (based on average price of Brilliant Glossing tubes from fekkai.com)
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment $4.68 (based on price of $36.99 for 1.35oz tube)

Total value of Beauty Box by Target: $32.37 (plus $3 coupon)
Price paid for Beauty Box by Target: $5.00

Also, I was promised five samples and, instead, I got three samples and two full-sized items. 

WINNING.

Dear Target, please make this beauty box a subscription box! 

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia