Skip to main content

13 Weeks

Ahhh, I've finally made it to the second trimester. Can you believe it? I'm (approximately) 1/3 of the way through with this pregnancy.

My belly looks HUGE in this photo. (Relatively, I mean.) I think it has to do with #1 just having had dinner, #2 the way I'm holding my hand, and possibly #3 my posture. Check out this photo I took literally one minute later. Big difference! But I liked my hair in the featured photo better, which is why I chose it. ;)

That's a GVLX tee for any of you who are curious. I've been photographing the 3rd Greenville Lindy Exchange this weekend (which is why this post is going up so late). It's been a lot of fun, but I'm definitely not dancing as much as previous years. Just trying to take it easy, you know?
I've been wavering between seriously excited and seriously worrisome. Despite being out of the really treacherous part (as far as miscarriages go), I still find myself struggling with worry that something is going to go wrong. At other times, I'm can't stop talking about how excited I am and all the new things that are happening with the baby this week. Prayer would be helpful. I'd like to have more of those seriously excited waves and less of the debbie downer ones.
Changing gears...last Saturday, I announced the baby here on the blog. The following day, I announced it on Facebook. Boy was that fun! My profile page was blowing up with notes of congratulations and well wishes.
I had my first serious bout of baby brain in which I put makeup on my toothbrush. Go me!
I've been reading a book called "Origins: How the Nine Months Before Birth Shape the Rest of Our Lives." There was one bit that talked about how some studies have shown that your baby is going to have a taste for thing things you ate during pregnancy. Well, that made me really want to focus on eating healthier. We already eat pretty healthy and don't have junk food or soda in our home, but I often opt for a less nutritious snack. So, I went out and bought a bunch of fruits and veggies so I could snack on those instead of being tempted to stop for french fries on my errands.

Baby is the size of a peach! In honor of that, I had peach ice cream today and it was delicious.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia