Skip to main content

Natural beachy waves

So, I have a bit of natural wave in my hair and I've recently felt like embracing it. And after seeing before & after pictures on the curly girl forums, I was really inspired! So, yesterday and today, I followed this guide loosely. After two days, I've got cute beachy waves happening. I'm excited to see how it continues to progress if I keep styling my hair like this.

Here's what I did today:
  • Co-washed in the shower with Tressemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner
  • Scrunched in some of the same conditioner as a leave-in.
  • Scrunched my hair dry with micro-fiber.
  • Used my Turbie Twist to kind-of plop my hair. (Didn't twist my hair into the twisty bit. Just put the turbie on and let my hair fall back into it, on top of my head, and then sealed it up. Does that make any sense?)
  • After a little while, scrunched in some Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream
  • And then let it all air dry
I gotta say. If I'm going to let my hair air dry, this is a much better method than my usual. Wash, shampoo, Turbie, brush, air dry. This leaves me with pretty awkward hair that I inevitably must heat style.


Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia