Skip to main content

Review: Lunasea Botanicals Luna Deep Sea Pore Refining Travel Kit {indie cosmetics company}

Marla of Lunasea Botanicals sent me the Luna Deep Sea Pore Refining Travel Kit. This kit is the shops number one seller and has also received the "You've Been Stalked" badge.

My initial impressions fall to packaging. For a small business, you might want to just put hand written labels because, well, it's cheaper. But little things make a big difference. You can tell that this travel kit looks like something you might get from a spa. 

Also, it smells like something you might get from a spa. These aren't your chemical-y, cheap, or cheesy smells. Just open one of the jars and inhale. Mmm....instantly relaxing!

Now for the reviews! When applicable, I've linked the the Etsy page for the individual products.

Luna Deep Sea Pore Refining Face Cleanser (2 oz): This product did a fine job cleaning my face. I really like the pumice in the cleanser that creates some very gentle exfoliating action. It left my skin feel very soft! I was put off by the scent, but otherwise appreciated this cleanser. Click on the link to see all the great ingredients that make up this product! :)

Balance Pore Minimizing Daily Skin Toner (2 oz): I love toners. I love the way they make my face feel and this product is no exception. The only downside is the color. I like to use toners of a lighter color so I can get a good idea of how much dirt they are picking up off my face. I like how this toner didn't leave my face all super dry and tight!

Silk Oil-free Daily Moisturizer with Vitamin C (0.5 oz): I was super excited about the Silk moisturizer because it included Vitamin C and I am such a sucker for Vitamin C! However, this moisturizer was extremely thick and perhaps better described as a paste. In the winter, my skin gets drier and this product wasn't moisturizing enough for me. If I used too much, though, I felt like it just sat on top of my skin and never really sank in. So, maybe in small doses for those who have oily skin.

Blue Violet Daily Eye Treatment (0.5 oz): This cream claims that it will "smooth, tighten, and brighten" around eyes. I feel like those are at the same time big and vague claims. They eye cream does not tighten around my eyes and does not brighten. However, putting moisturizer around your orbital area is KEY in preventing future fine lines and wrinkles, so I will give them the smooth claim. Blue Violet Daily Eye Treatment has great ingredients including Vitamins C & E and smells delicious!

Oil-free Green Tea and Grapefruit Refreshing Face and Body Moisture Mist (1.0 oz): I do actually really love this product and I think it will be a definite must-have come summertime. Made with green tea and grapefruit, it is refreshing without being sticky and it does not leave a film on your face. If you have dry skin, this would be a great product to stick in your purse for a midday pick me up! This product is only available as part of the Luna Deep Sea Pore Refining Travel Kit or the Skin Brightening Travel Kit.

The Luna Deep Sea Pore Refining Travel Kit retails for $27 and you can purchase it from the Lunasea Botanicals Etsy shop.
Lunasea Botanicals all natural and organic handmade bath, body and skin care prides itself to be a nature conscientious family business. We love to help our clients in finding their own healthy balance by promoting only natural and organic ingredients. While creating formulas for our soaps and beauty products, we decided to return to the good old days, those days before the big cosmetic corporations would would put dangerous chemicals and unnecessary preservatives into their merchandise to increase their profits.

All in all, I liked these products. I've continued to use them all with the exception of the Silk moisturizer. For $27, this travel kit is a great deal and a great way to try out the lovely products that Lunasea Botanicals has to offer! :)


Disclaimer: This review contains samples were sent to me by the brand. I was not paid for this review and I always give my honest and unbiased opinion.

Comments

  1. Why visitors still use tо rеаԁ
    neωs pаpers when in this tеchnologіcal
    glοbe the whole thing is ассеsѕible
    on net?

    Heгe is my homepage ... augen lasern

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia