Skip to main content

Tiffany's 3rd Quarterly Girl's Night In

Today is Tiffany's 3rd Quarterly Girl's Night In. I seem to hold one every season. I had a winter one, a spring one, and now is my summer girls night. A few weeks ago, some of my girlfriends and I were talking about how we needed to have another girl night. "Yeah," I said, "But I'm not hosting this one!" Why? Because it's too expensive. It really is. Last time the theme was tapas. Sure, I asked everyone to bring with them their favorite wine, but guess how many of my guests brought wine? Zero. Kudos to Ali for bringing yummy desert and to Sharon for bringing a dish. Sharon doesn't get to count for bringing wine (although she did bring port) because it tasted like nail polish remover. I suppose my taste isn't refined enough. Last time I spend about a hundred dollars on groceries for wine, sparkling grape juice, bruchetta, shrimp, chicken, mushrooms, etc. (You can view the menu here.)

All that stuff was pretty expensive. And I was cooking for 16 people--half of whom didn't bother to show up despite RSVPing positive.

Well this time, not as many people have RSVPed positive. Anne Marie, Michelle, Mary, Ali, Holli, and Kara. I'm excited. It's a smaller group. And more people have offered to bring stuff. I've called some girls and asked them to help out with drinks and snacks. However, after I went grocery shopping, I realized that I may have purchased too much food. But it's okay because I bought some really yummy fruit: blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, mandarin oranges, kiwi fruit, apricots, grapes! Yumm-o!

But why am I having another one after I said I wouldn't? Well, really, it's a Mary Kay party. My friend Kara sells Mary Kay and I offered to host a party for her in order to boost her circle of clients. And anyway, I like hosting parties at my house. It's more work, but really, I'm much more likely to attend! Ha! I like having friends over. It's so much fun.

Okay, well, I've got to get home and finish up. I've got to re-pot my plants, give my fish some nice new clean water, wipe everything down with those handy-dandy Clorox wipes, and cook. :-)

♥Tiffany♥

p.s. to 'd': I'm going to vacuum my carpets this afternoon.

Comments

  1. That must be a girl thing, cuz I fed...20+ people for like $25 at my last big house party (lasagna, salad, bread, coffee, etc).
    I will admit though, that tapas menu sounded pretty dadgum good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have fed them for much cheaper. But come on! Fruit is not cheap. I had deviled eggs, pasta salad, bread sticks, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, fruit salad, assorted olives, cashews, and cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think fruit's not cheap? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Come check out my supermarket here in Kokubu sometime. Even with your (from a yen perspective) rather valuable dollars, you'll still cry yourself to sleep over the price of basic veggies, much less fruit. That's one reason people will buy like one apple, cut it up and serve it by itself as dessert (and apples are on the cheap end here).
    But yeah, I understand though. Comparatively it is expensive(which is why I only use it as a garnish or maybe like a finger food (along with the chopped veggies) and then, usually only like sliced apples and stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get togethers aren't cheap. You need to cut down on how many friends you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was your sister at Girls Night Out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Mary was at work. She was supposed to show and then she bailed via voicemail.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia