Skip to main content

Just Finished: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children


I'm not really good at summing up novels. If you wanted a good review, there are a plethora of them. I checked this book out from my library because it was ranked as most popular in the YA section. Also, it was my first time checking out books for my Nook and I just wanted to populate my shelves.

To say that I was pleasantly surprised is putting it mildly. Oh my gosh, I read this thing constantly and finished it in about two days.

I really really liked this book.

There are monsters in it...and the monsters don't exactly mix with this scaredy cat. Which basically means that, that one night when Mike was at a friend's house and I stayed up late finishing this book? Yeah, I totally had to sleep with the light on.

Oh, and this story is based of real photographs that were collected by the author. These photographs are peppered throughout the book, which I rather liked.

Some of you may know that I am rather easily amused. Well, this book doesn't get the best reviews. So, its possibly that I only loved this novel because I am easily amused and that you will only love it if you, too, are easily amused.

:)

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia