Skip to main content

12-12-12 birthday

I really wanted to have a party on my 28th birthday because it fell on 12/12/12. But I also didn't want to plan it. But I'm also a control freak sometimes. So, this was difficult.

Eventually, I promised Mike that I wouldn't say anything else about it.

Then, I told him that if I was to have a party, I'd want family, Anne Marie & Steven.

Then I learned that Dad was planning something for Sunday following my birthday.

And THEN I stopped talking about it.

I knew that my dad was planning a birthday shin-dig because he asked me about my availability. Despite my wishes for a 12/12/12 birthday party, I was pretty sure that would be it.

Maybe Mike and I might have a nice dinner together at home. Since I had pre-birthday shopping, post-birthday party, and a very very busy husband (with work, community, church, etc), I was quite content with that.

On my birthday, I called Mike on my way home from work. Our usual conversation is, "Hey, so, what do you want for dinner?" "Oh, I dunno, whatever." Today, I added, "I just don't want leftovers. Or soup." Mike said he'd figure something out and we hung up.

He called me right back and said that maybe I could stop by Whole Foods to get some yummy meat & cheeses for dinner? And, really, I love doing that. Fancy cheeses, delicious meats, some fresh bread, olives and wine? YUM. So, that would be a nice low-key birthday dinner.

BUT, I was still slightly hopeful. I couldn't help myself! On my way home, I kept telling myself, "There is nothing going on. There is nothing going on." Because I had wishful thinking that Mike might have planned me something. But I didn't want to get my hopes up and come home disappointed.

So, I got home and suspicious thing: Mike was looking out the door (our door has glass panes) which he is NEVER doing. Mike is always sitting on the couch when I get home.

I shrugged it off because, duh. No cars were there.

I grab my bags and go inside. Suspicious that the living room is tidy, but, then, the sink is still full of dishes. So, less suspicious.

After some chatting, I go to drop my purse off in my bedroom and then I screamed.

Leo, Jade, Adrienne, and Steven are in there! There's a Happy Birthday banner on my bed and everyone had noise makers and party hats. ^_^

Thank you x 100 to my wonderful husband for my little surprise party. It was perfect.










Go here to see all my birthday pictures (as well as other holiday snapshots).

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia