Skip to main content

Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Polish in Ionic Indigo | Influenster Summer Beauty VoxBox2012

DISCLAIMER: I received the Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Polish in my Influenster Summer Beauty VoxBox. I got a whole box full of FREE products to test and review. Check out the whole contents of my VoxBox here. And go to Influenster to sign up!


[source]


So, this was probably the item in my box that I was most excited to receive. I don't know that I would have ever purchased the item myself, but I was eager to try it out. First of all, I buy almost exclusively Sally Hansen polishes. I love them all. (I'd love to buy OPI, Essie, etc, but all that polish is just pricier.) Secondly, I thought it would be fun to have these wavy designs on my nails.



I did my nails like this for the Fourth of July. My nails had been lavender and I thought this might be a wee bit more patriotic.

The polish feels thick and goopy if you try to apply it like regular nail polish. That's because it dries so quickly that you can't do multiple thin coats.

Here's how you do it:
Apply one coat to all fingernails and let dry. (This won't take long because it's VERY fast drying). Then, apply a thick coat to one fingernail and hold the magnet (part of the cap) over the nail for ten seconds. Repeat for each nail

It took me a few tries to get it right. Mostly it was because I wasn't putting the polish on thick enough the 2nd time around and I think it dried before the magnet had a chance to move around the nail polish. This photo is from my first nail.


This photo is from my last nail. Clearly, after ten tries, I got a little bit better. 


I liked how my nails felt after the polish dried. They felt, well, thick. I mean, not as thick as fake nails, but not as thin as a regular mani. Does that even make any sense?


The polish started chipping on day TWO, which is a major bummer. :-\ Of course, that might be operator error because I feel like my nail polish is ALWAYS chipping right away.


I didn't really get a wave pattern, either. Just the way the magnet was positioned, I got a bunch of half-moon patterns. I think that could probably be corrected if I held the magnet at an angle.


I did think that it was pretty neat, though, and I showed my friends & coworkers. One of my coworkers loved the polish so much that she went out and bought some for herself. Nail twinsies!


If you do like patterns, I think you should give this a try. Maybe with a really good top coat the nail polish won't chip as badly? It was overall a good polish. 

I LOVE the packaging. I just think it looks really nice.

I'm not crazy about the color selection. It's summer, so I prefer brighter colors, and I feel like all the colors in the Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Polish line are pretty dark. Though, that may have something to do with the magnetic bits. Maybe the polish has to be dark?

While I probably won't repurchase this product, if I'm in the mood for this color, I will probably use the polish again. Sometimes with and sometimes without the magnet.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman