Skip to main content

Walking

[source]
So, today marks the beginning of week #4 that I have been waking up before the sunrise to meet up with three other women and go on a 3-ish mile walk/jog around a local university campus.

My alarm clock goes off at 5:30AM (giving me 10 minutes of sleepy time, 5 minutes of getting ready time, and 15 minutes drive time to start out walk by 6AM) which is SO DANG EARLY. It's so early that, as we're getting back into our cars after our three miles, the sky has that sun-kind-of-is-kind-of-isn't-up look to it. 

Actually, that was before daylight savings time. 

Today, the sun rose after I finished my walk AND went grocery shopping.

Oh, did I mention that if we don't show, we owe the group $5? Money is a great motivator for me!

[source]
My main goal in getting up and exercising is not, in fact, the obvious fitness benefits. It's the up and at 'em that I really need. And trust me, nothing wakes you up like a three mile walk in 35º weather OR rain. Yes, we've done both.

It's amazing all the things that you can get done when you (a) wake up early AND (b) put your mind too it.

See, getting up early is only half the battle. You've got to put your mind to it, too. Otherwise, you'll wake up for a 6AM walk, get home, promise that you'll put together this weeks menu and then spend the next two hours sitting on your behind on the couch with your laptop conveniently in your lap.

Ahem.

I recently found out that I got another part-time job (more on that later) and I've come to the realization that I'm going to have a LOT less time to get things done around the house. This makes me really want to get disciplined BEFORE I'm struggling to get everything done.

[source]
Today was a big success. Walk, chiropractor appointment, grocery shopping for the week, dinner in the crock pot, dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, and fridge cleaned out. All before 10AM!!!

Tomorrow, we're not walking. We only walk M/W/F. However, I have decided to hit they gym nice and early on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I can be consistent. 

Tomorrow, I plan on dun-dun-dun...SEWING. I have a few things that need hemming or taking in. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia