Skip to main content

An answer...

I just got off the phone with my doctor and I'm positively giddy.

I have an answer. I know what is up with my body. (Background info here)

And, honestly, I never thought I would be so excited to hear that something is wrong with me.

As it turns out, I have polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS for short. When my doctor said that, I said, "I KNEW IT!"

Okay, so I didn't know it. I had a hunch. A hunch that grew and grew everyday.

Especially when every single OPK came back positive. I'd stand in the bathroom, staring at that little stick. Squinting. Turning it in the light. Shaking it. Staring at it again. I'd test in the morning, afternoon, and night. Always positive.

I can't possibly be ovulating every single day. Well guess what? If you have PCOS, you have excessive LH which is what the OPK is testing for. So they come back positive.

What is PCOS? Well, for starters it's the most common cause of female infertility (according to womenshealth.gov). For the rest, you can read about it on wikipedia.

I'm excited because I feel like I've been wandering around aimlessly and I've been given a map. I know where to go from here! (Next step: Clomid.)

Unfortunately, I can't see where the map ends.

But maybe that's not so unfortunate. I can't see where the map ends, but God knows. And all I need to do is keep trusting.

Now, if you'll excuse me. I've got to go and read up on this PCOS stuff.

Comments

  1. Wow, so glad you got an answer so quickly. If you need PCOS support, I know a bunch of twin moms who've been there done that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I actually went to my OB and basically said: let's figure out what's wrong with me. And so we did. I don't really struggle with anything most people with PCOS struggle with (weight, hair, acne, etc). However, if I end up having multiples of my own, I'll definitely be calling you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia