Skip to main content

Turkey lurkey doo and Turkey lurkey dap

Instagram photo taken by Mike

So, I know I already posted my Christmas blog....but I forgot to blog all about Thanksgiving! Mostly because I felt icky the day of and the day after Thanksgiving and then I felt streppy on Sunday and Monday.

Anyway.

Mike and I hosted Thanksgiving this year!

I called my dad up the week before Thanksgiving and asked him if he had planned anything yet. "Well, it's not the day before Thanksgiving. So, no."

I knew he was going to say that. :) And then I offered to host and he just LOVED that idea.

I had planned on some cute centerpiece decorations, but I'm glad I didn't bother with that. At Thanksgiving, the food is the centerpiece! ^_^

Everyone brought a side AND I bought a fully cooked smoked turkey from Publix. This meant I could cook a few really delicious sides and not have to slave away in the kitchen all day long. :)

Oh yeah, and we had crème brûlée for dessert! I was kind of intimidated by it, but it wasn't hard at all. I definitely plan on making it again.

Other fun moments:

  • Watching the parade & dog show, of course!
  • Going around the table and talking about what we are thankful for.
  • Introducing my dad to "The Mysterious Ticking Noise"
  • My mom doing all the Thanksgiving dishes (while not a "fun" moment, I was VERY grateful!)
  • Mike getting to use his new torch for the first time on the crème brûlée
  • Apples to Apples with the family until we ran out of cards. 


Yep! This Thanksgiving was a wonderful one! I am so thankful for my wonderful family! I love how we can all come together and have such a great time with each other. :) How was your Thanksgiving?






Recipes I used:
Mixed green salad with oranges, dried cranberries, and pecans
Southern Living's Home-style Green Bean Casserole
Alton Brown's Crème Brûlée
from a box: cranberry & orange muffins, pumpkin bread, crescent rolls

Comments

  1. I've got to try that creme brulee.

    It's my favorite dessert!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia