Skip to main content

30-day photo challenge: days 15-18

Told ya I'd eventually catch up! I event went as far as to start right away. All of today's photos were taken with my fabulous new lens!

It's the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM. From everything I've read, it's a great lens that is "L" quality. And trust me, I read up a LOT before investing in this lens. I'm a prime girl and getting a non-L zoom was something I'm wasn't really crazy about. I thought about getting the 24-70L or the 24-105L, but on my crop body, those two cameras end up being ~38mm at the widest. (L = Luxury. Canon's very expensive and highest quality lenses. Prime = lenses that do not zoom. If you want to zoom, you use your feet.)

*Ahem* Sorry about that. I know most people who read this are probably NOT camera nerds and are bored by now. Suffice to say I spent a chunk of change and got a hunk of a lens and I LOVE IT.

So, I was going through photos from a wedding that I shot on the 15th. I was sure that there had been a silhouette in there somewhere, but I was wrong. So, tonight, I made my own. I played around with the flash a bit and ended up going with this one. Because it makes my husband look like he has laser eyes. Which is kind of appropriate, since he was playing video games! (Mike says this photo is creepy. LOL)
ISO 250 | 50mm | f/2.8 | 1/80sec

It took me several tries of playing with my dog and playing with the exposure length to get the photo that I wanted. But this was pretty basic. I set the camera on the floor and threw Bella's favorite toy for her while I took the picture!
ISO 250 | 17mm | f/2.8 | 0.4sec

Yes, that is my iPod Touch. Yes, it is broken. Yes, I have had it for less than a year. Yes, it's all very sad. But one thing God reminded me just a few minutes after I broke it was this: it's just a thing. I could pay the $50 or $150 to fix it (KSwiss or the Apple store, respectively), but I just don't feel like paying for that right now. So, I walk around with a broken iPod. I did finally get a case for it, though. This proved useful when my iPod fell. Again. It didn't suffer any further damage.
ISO 320 | 55mm | f/2.8 | 1/50sec

I don't wear these shoes often. I spend more time with my butt on that couch than I do with my feet in those shoes. But, I went to the gym today. I went running. Blech. I still hate running, you know. But, like I've said before, I have these fancy running shoes, so I might as well. I haven't been for a run, even a tiny one, in months. And you know what? Running is still terrible, but it wasn't as hard today as I remember it.
ISO 3200 | 17mm | f/2.8 | 1/25sec



Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia