Skip to main content

Vegetarian Challenge: week 3

Oops. I didn't keep track of anything I ate last week! I do know for a fact, though, that this was the first week I didn't have a slip-up. No corndogs, hot dogs, or bites of steak!


Though, I did make a yummy pasta primavera that happened to be cooked with beef broth. That definitely makes it lose its vegetarian cred, but really, there wasn't any meat other than that in the dish. Also, it was organic beef broth. Surely that means something?

I went to the farmers market for the second time this year. I bought lettuce, yellow squash, zucchini, peaches, broccoli and carrots. Oooh, also a scone, a muffin, and pasta! We have rarely had this many fresh vegetables in the house. And, looking at all of them, I knew I needed to be deliberate about using them, otherwise most of them would go bad.

This led me to the pasta primavera recipe. I used green/yellow/purple beans and basil from our garden and yellow squash, zucchini, and carrots from the farmers market. To be honest, I thought the meal would be lacking and unsatisfying, but it was actually really yummy and filling! And colorful :)


I also made quinoa (keen-wah) for the first time every. I made a quinoa and tomato salad with feta. It was delicious and I couldn't stop eating it.

Okay, now that I've been typing this, I remember my meals this week except for Sunday. Can't recall for the life of me what I ate on Sunday...

Veggie dogs, sushi, shrimp scampi with fettucine, 4-cheese ravioli and quinoa salad, shrimp chimichangas, pasta primavera.

And let me just tell you, veggie dogs aren't good. In fact, I think I'll say no to any fake meat from here on out. Fake meat just isn't like real meat. It doesn't taste as good and it's squishy. So, thanks but no thanks.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia