Skip to main content

Vegetarian challenge: i forgot to update!

So, clearly, the 30-day vegetarian challenge is over. Its been like a month since I updated. SORRY!

We've loved the vegetarian challenge. And, now that it's over, we are part-time vegetarians. I mean, it's been over for two weeks and it took me a week and a half before I cooked any meat. And, it was considerably less meat than before. I would use 3 or 4 chicken breasts in our meals and, this time, I only used one. There were a lot more veggies instead. Veggies from the farmers market, not the can.

Favorite vegetarian meals:
black bean burgers
portobello mushroom & avocado burgers
anything quinoa
sushi (rice, smoked salmon, crab, avocado, cucumber)
salmon

When going out to restaurants, well, I think I'll try to stick with vegetarian dishes. I haven't been out to dinner yet, so we'll see. And, when eating at a friend's house, I'll eat what's put before me.

I suppose that, technically, this has been a lifestyle altering experience because, well, I have altered the way I eat. Almost entirely. But it didn't feel like a big deal. It was a smooth transition and we're still eating delicious meals. These meals just happen to have more vegetables & fish than ever before.

I dare you to take a vegetarian challenge and see where you find yourself at the end of the 30 days.

Comments

  1. If only I could convince Jeremy to try this with me. He's so picky about veggies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia