Skip to main content

I've officially found my runner's high! I feel great!


Yes. Erm, well, maybe my Nike+ mini has found her runner's high, but I'm still looking for mine. I'm just happy that she's no longer lounging around playing paddle ball and being bored.

I ran again yesterday. As a whole, it was not terrible. Parts of it sure felt terrible, though. I ran 2.45 miles in 30 minutes. And when I say, "I ran," I mean, "I ran a little but mostly walked."

Do you run? or do you think that running is a waste of time? Do you wish you could start running but just can't find any motivation? Are you a new runner or a veteran?

I'm a new runner, this you know. I'm pretty motivated, but I don't know what movtivates me. I think that it's largely due to wanting to get in the habbit of being fit before I have babies. I don't particularly like running, but I like my running clothes & shoes. I need some new songs to run to, mine bore me. I can run for about 2 minutes tops before I have to slow back down to a brisk walk. I'd like to really up that. It seems pretty pathetic. I really like being able to track things and, thus, am in love with my Nike+. My tentative game plan that I have yet to instate is 1 hr of yoga followed by 30m of running. I'm training for a 5k. I'd love to be able to run the entire 3 miles.

Tell me about your relationship with running (or lack thereof, as the case may be)!

Comments

  1. I hate running. I really hate it, but I run every day. Running is the exercise that my body responds the best to so I continue to do it although most of the time I dread my run. I need to start running in the morning so I don't dread it all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I like running, so I may not be much help, but I can understand your feelings! When I started training for my marathon, I'd never run more than 4 miles IN MY LIFE. (Don't recommend this, btw) Once the runs started getting longer than 2 miles (my comfortable distance then), the runs were HARD. I felt like my own Nike+ would never congratulate me on reaching my goal. But you know what? It gets better. Not after a week, sometimes not even after a month, but one day you'll go out for a run and feel fantastic, and you'll wonder why you hated it for so long. Just wait for that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started using a website called sparkpeople.com, and they give you fun little points and awards to help with motivation. I love it...I only signed up about an hour ago. ;-)

    So, running. I've heard of that.

    I say, why run when you can DANCE!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia