Skip to main content

It's the G.I. Jive!

This past weekend was a much anticipated weekend for me. It was the G.I. Jive! The Greenville Lindy Hoppers worked their butts off and put together a fabulous weekend of swing dancing right here at home! This was rather exciting for me as I no longer travel to dance--something most dancers do.

It was fun to dress up for this vintage themed weekend.

Friday night @ the UpCountry History Museum
When someone asked me what I was dressed up as on Friday night, I would tell them that I was the "wildly talented but admittedly lesser-known Asian Andrews Sister." LOL.

Saturday afternoon @ Furman University amphitheater (dancing w/ Woo)
Saturday afternoon. Ugh. It was SO hot! Dancing outside mid-day was just absolutely insane. But it was so much fun and so worth it. And luckily I had this oh-so-cute dress that my momma made!

Saturday night, I was going to wear a cute forties-ish dress, but I ended up going with wide-leg yoga pants (great for dancing!) and a tee. There was a jack-and-jill competition that I decided to participate in. There were about 24 people in the competition and when they called back my number for the second round, I could have sworn that they made a mistake. The other follows (lady dancers) that were in the final round, I feel, were so above my level! That was pretty exciting. I didn't win. I knew I wouldn't win. But just to be in the final round was huge for me. :)


I took a fair amount of pictures on Saturday. And you can see them on my photoblog by clicking on that above picture, or, you can see my Facebook album.

Happy Thursday! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia