Skip to main content

Love Aaj Kal

I watched this movie on the plane ride from Mumbai to JFK. The title translates to "Love These Days" (according to Wikipedia). I've never really seen a Hindi movie that I really really liked, but this one was it. I wish I could find a trailer with English subtitles for you, but no such luck.

Anyway, the movie centers around Jai and Meera, a modern day couple living in London who have a mutual break up so they can pursue their careers (Jai's in San Francisco, Meera's in India). The love story of Veer Singh (a man who becomes somewhat of a mentor to Jai) and Harleen runs parallel, but years earlier. I could give it all away, but I won't. I expected it to be a predictable romantic comedy, but it wasn't. And I cried at the end. Oh, I seriously loved this movie. If I ever come across a copy, I'm totally going to buy it.

Here's a trailer. If you want to view a higher quality version, go here. (The good one wasn't embeddable). Watch some of the music videos from the movie while you're at it. :)

Comments

  1. This looks like a really cool movie. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should change your link color. When you said "go here" i was like go where? Or maybe under line the links?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @stargirl: done

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia