Skip to main content

Snow day!

It's a snow day for schools today which I think is just ridiculous.

Because there is NO SNOW on the grounds. Hmmm....

It's still really cold, though. And I did have to scrape about two inches of ice off my car. I park in the shade. Bad idea.

Scraped my car off and headed to work. I was late because it took me about fifteen minutes to make my care driveable. I even had to scrape the INSIDE of the windshield. I don't know how that works, but it was really annoying.

Luckily, the heat in my car is finally working. So that's a major plus.

Half-way to work, I decided to call because there way no way I'd get there in time.

"Hey, it's me. I was just calling to let you know that I'll be a little late. I had a de-ice my car and inch past a few accidents, so I'll be a little late...."

"Well, actually, you don't work today."

Glorious words! I didn't even mind that I crawled out of bed and was scraping my car at 7AM. 'Cause I got to go home and get back in bed and snuggle with my hubby. :)

I got lots of errands done, yay, and I even did the stiletto things again today. It worked a little better, I think. Except on the stairs.

Our stairs. Oy. There may be no snow left in our county, but our stairs are covered in treacherous ice.


Because the sun almost never hits it directly! The other side of the street looks like spring has sprung. And all I'm trying to do is get to the post office without slipping on the stairs.

Comments

  1. Those stillettos come in handy as ice picks on your shoes, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha! Yes, totally!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman