Skip to main content

tasty tuesday: chicken kiev





So, my friend Alanna, told me about Chicken Kiev. Her brother, I think, had given her a vague recipe. She showed it to me and it sounded so tasty. Chicken stuffed with BUTTER. Wow. Must try.

So, forget about that complicated Rachel Ray recipe I was thinking of and hello Chicken Kiev! I used this recipe I found and changed it up a tiny bit. They only part I changed of the actual food was I used 3 instead of 6 chicken breasts...but the ones I used were pretty big.

I didn't realize that this recipe called for you to deep fry the chicken until I was at the cooking part. Because I'm a thorough reader like that. Instead, I put the chicken in a square baking dish like I do with the other stuffed chicken I make. Also, as with the other stuffed chicken, I decided to add some tomatoes. I tossed them in olive oil and arranged them around the chicken.

Result? Delicious.

My husband has actually been to the Ukraine (though, I'm not sure if he spent time in Kiev) and he liked it. Loved it, actually. It was moist and delicious. I thought the tomatoes were a great addition. Mike doesn't like tomatoes and so he liked them a bit less. However, he does like cherry tomatoes in the other stuffed chicken I make. So, if you have tomato issue, try that. Or just go without tomatoes at all.


Tasty? Yes!
Easy? Yes! Though I'm not the best at pounding chicken. I slaughtered one of the chicken breasts.
Would I try this recipe again? Definitely! It was easy and good, but a little fancier than what I usually make. I think I'll add it to the rotation. :)

Links to recipe: Chicken Kiev

Comments

  1. oh my god. I just got this in my google reader. EIGHT MINUTES AGO. It is NOT Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have no idea what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes yess!!! It looks so yumski!! I can't wait to try it your way!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too! Just showed up in my google reader, even though your date says Tuesday. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just printed the recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman