Skip to main content

makeshift photo studio, 02|365

Notice the coat and the space heater? I'm sitting with the door open to get some natural light. Our heat has been sketchy (that's a whole other story!) and the glass storm door doesn't close securely so it's COLD. I think I should get gloves before I do this again. ;)


I like to use this cool wicker vase thing as a prop for my pictures. Not only does it makes a pretty nice background, but necklaces and earrings hang nicely from it.



And this is a picture of the set-up. I bring down my bedside lamp and use it to add light opposite the sunlight to avoid shadows. But I have to use white paper to make a shadow to avoid direct light and to keep the jewelry from looking yellow. I learned that a photography book my brother gave me. :)
p.s. Don't forget to enter my jewelry giveaway! It ends January 5th!

Comments

  1. i knew you'd find something useful in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost like a "how it was made" video. When I left a comment on your giveaway post, I almost mentioned how much I liked the "baskety thing" (I was going to call it that) that your jewelry was on. I liked the curved lines of it and the atmosphere the texture lent. So now, I'm happy to see the behind the scenes shots! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman