Skip to main content

Running just as fast as we can!

Sorry. Had to quote Tiffany there despite the fact that this post has absolutely nothing to do with I Think We're Alone Now.


It does, however, have to do with running. Which I did today. By the way, I am totally NOT a runner. Today, I reminded myself why: running is miserable.


A fellow swing dancer had given me some great advice about running. If you can dance for one song, you can run for one song. So, just run one song and walk the next. Okay. Yeah. I can totally do that!


This morning, my first day of Christmas break, I decided that I would go for a run. I put my iPod playlist "swing music" onto shuffle and headed off. Easy-peasy. No problem.


WRONG. I can dance all night long, but I could barely run for one whole song! UGH.


I still want to run. I'm planning on doing a 5k in the New Year and while three miles may not seem like much, it's a ton for someone who can't run for THREE MINUTES.


Next Tuesday, I'm heading back to the park. Maybe I'll walk more. I don't think I even walk enough. Maybe I'll run one and walk two...just to get myself acclimated. And I'll formulate a special playlist with songs of good tempos for running.


I'll update you next Tuesday and hopefully I'll say that running is a little less miserable than I thought.


(via weheartit)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia