Skip to main content

What is this "real-world" you speak of, anyway?

I love being a student. I love it even more now that I'm not at the local two-year/tech college. Yes, it's a good school, but it's a temporary place. It's a half-way point for many students and in most cases, people don't bother to get to know one another. I enjoyed my classes and my teacher and the education I was getting. My last semester there, I even made friends with a few classmates. But mostly it was a come-and-go place. Nobody really hung around for long.

Now that I am at what I like to call a "real" college, I really love being a student! It helps that I'm in my major classes. I have something in common with the people in my class. We have several classes together. I have the same teachers that I had last semester. It's nice. I also really enjoy the limbo of being a college student. For the past three years, I have been a part-time nanny and a full-time college student. It's a very comfortable place for me. While I'm eager to move on to the next chapter of my life (buy a bungalow, buy a retro moped, and adopt a greyhound), this all comes with a great change in my lifestyle.

I used to scoff at the idea of a daunting "real-world" transition. I moved out of my parent's house and into an apartment when I was twenty. I work and pay my bills. Now, however, I'm starting to realize that there will be a daunting real-world transition. What comes after I graudate? No more school? A job? A job that doesn't involve changing diapers, wiping noses, and making sure you don't get mud all over your nice school shoes? I have no idea what that even looks like!

I don't stress about it, though. It's a decent ways away. I focus on what I need to do today because, really, isn't that enough? It's exciting though, knowing that something big is right around the corner. It could be bad-big or it could be good-big. But whatever happens, it sure will be an adventure.

♥, TiffanyAnne

Comments

  1. Before I make a real comment, I am again going to say how much I dislike this short RSS thingy. But I have a hunch of why you're doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am back. You should go to a job fair expo thingy. There is one today, but I do not own professional attire and you are too skinny so I cannot borrow yours. A job that doesn't involve snot and diapers (while those jobs are important) looks like whatever you want it to look like. Does that make sense? It does to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you are making me miss my undergraduate life. Those were the days. Real life is so different!

    Happy Mingling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADVENTURE IS AWESOME!!!

    And I agree with Indigo...I miss college life. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think life only got better after college. Take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way now, because you might not always get that luxury.

    Happy mingling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia