Skip to main content

My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult is an amazing and intense novel centered around two sisters, one of whom has a rare form of lukemia, the other who was concieved to save her. I could go into the synopisis and all, but you can read all that here. I've been reading the book nonstop since I bought it. Although it was nearly midnight when I crashed into bed last night, tired from dancing, I really had to know how it all ended.

And that was how I wound up reading until nearly two AM, unable to tear myself away. I was too wrapped into the story to be tired. And then the ending--oh. my. gosh.--the ending tore me to pieces. I kept flipping back, sure that I had missed something and I had read it wrong. Surely, that was a dream that a character is about to wake up from.

I don't think something fictional has ever broke my heart nearly as much. I was sobbing just as much as if I had been part of the Fitzgerald family. I won't give away all the details of the bittersweet ending so you should probably just read the book.

♥, TiffanyAnne

Comments

  1. Ahhhh! The ending of this book made me soooo angry!!!! I was so pissed at Jodi Picoult. Rrrrrr.

    Then I read Marley and Me and got happy again...

    And BOTH are being made into movies! Crazy!

    You should read more Picoult books. They're good. I've read more, but I don't remember titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiffany, this is Clint from 'Media Management' class. I had no idea you had a blog. Anyways, I read your most recent post about the book you've been reading. I too had a rare form of Leukemia just last year (July '07). This past February I had a bone marrow transplant in Charleston. Praise the Lord my youngest brother was a full match. Anyways, I always think it's amazing how the little things in life keep us connected. I hope you have a good weekend! See you next Tuesday. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia