Skip to main content

Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooooh! I've got a new attitude!

I'm going on a trip this weekend. It's the first trip I've taken in a while that does not involve swing dancing. Ha-ha. In the past two months, I've been to two workshops (1 in Boone, 1 at Furman), two exchanges (ATLX5 and CHEX2), and dances in Spartanburg and Columbia. And, of course, all the dancing I can take in the Greenville/Clemson scene. I went salsa dancing last night (So much fun. It helps to already know how to follow) and I'm going swing dancing tonight.

And as much as I don't want to admit it, I'm looking forward to not swinging for a while. My whole body is tired and I've been refusing it recovery time.

What's this weekend? The New Attitude '08 conference. I'm pretty flippin' excited. Our schedules looks a little something like this:

Saturday evening: Josh Harris / “Jeremiah 15:16”
Sunday morning: Mark Dever / “The Authority of Scripture”
Sunday afternoon: Bible Q & A with Al Mohler
Sunday evening: C.J. Mahaney / “God’s Word and Our Feelings”
Monday morning: Eric Simmons / “What’s the Point?”
Monday afternoon: John Piper / “William Tyndale”
Monday evening: John Piper / “Fighting for Faith with God’s Word”
Tuesday morning: C.J. Mahaney / “How Do We Really Study This Book?”


I'm espeically looking forward to the community groups. Everyone at the whole conference will be divided up into communitys. Within those communities, we'll be divided up into our family groups of about a dozen folks. It's helpful to get to know others and to have some awesome discussion time about the talks.

The praise and worship time? Just flat out amazing. I am *so* excited.

Something I've got to concentrate on is serving my Christian brothers by not flirting with them. It seeems like such a silly thing to say, but I tend to be a flirt--especially in a situation like this when my emotions are on a high and I'm having silly fun. There might be something this weekend that could distract me and I don't want that to happen. I want to get a lot out of this weekend. I'm eager to learn, to connect, to apply.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman