Skip to main content

"Huzzah! Yay for special days!"

I forgot to get a picture of my sexy little black dress. Maybe next time.

Saturday was great. I ran errands that morning. (read: picked up card at the last minute.) So, after much browsing at stupid pink love cards (do you know how hard it is to buy a card for a guy that says, "I love you" but isn't girly and pink?) I found a blank-on-the-inside card with good design that would appeal to the graphic designer within. I wandered over to the hair-removal aisle (razors, shaving cream, waxing kits, depilatory creams, etc) and perused the depilatory creams. I knew the would probably burn my leg skin off, but I really hate to shave.

Suddenly, some guy walks by and whistles at me. I look up and it's Mike! I was greeted with a little kiss. Huzzah! Yay for special days. We walked around together for a little while before parting ways.

I decided that, really, I'll just go the safe route and just shave. I don't want the burnt-off-skin look to ruin my outfit.

The Bible was my good friend that day, very specially, and I spent lots of time with it.

After that, I started to primp. I even painted my toenails a pretty pink. Turns out Mike likes them painted because it looks "feminine." It's been a while since I've painted my toes and, I must say, I forgot how cute it made me feel! :-)

Mike picked me up and when he walked in, I didn't know who it was. My boyfriend certainly never wears a suit and tie and even...(don't read this Mary) pleated pants. Despite the pleats, he looked sooo handsome! :-)

Dinner was a High Cotton and we got seated in the exact room we were hoping to not get seated in, ha-ha! The food was good, as was the wine (as always: he red, I white.) Mike got prime rib and lobster tail and I had yellow fin tuna. The atmosphere was much different than I anticipated. My last experience there made me assume that it was going to look and feel very lah-di-dah (you've made me want to use that phrase, Ali!). The feel of the place, however, was a bit more casual.

Afterwards, we were planning on going out to the new jazz club, but a storm was a-brewin' so my dear sweet Michael had a back-up plan. We went up to his place where there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me! :-) (Mmm, I said, smells like....flowers! Ha-ha!) We had desert at his place: fondue! Chocolate dipped strawberries, yum! We exchanged cards after the strawberries and, yes, it wass much better than the 6th-monthiversary card. ;-) It was perfect. All pink and girly and x's and o's.

The rain was coming down in buckets, so we settled on the couch--after Mike changed into jeans--and watched Garden State. The same thing we did on April 14th last year!

All in all, it was a super wonderful evening. I could not have asked for more--not even the jazz club, because the fondue was so sweet and yummy! Just like the guy who made it for me.

♥Tiffany♥

Comments

  1. Oh dear... too late. I read it. Pleats? Pleats? Oh, Mike is so not sexy, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pleats were cool when i bought that suit i swear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go ahead make a joke about me being old. i'm prepared...

    ReplyDelete
  4. baby, don't lie. pleats have never been cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia