Skip to main content

Sonnet #1

My breath leaves me as my love walks in
My mind, it does stop and my heart, it does falter
Eager, my eyes land on that expanse of skin
Her back, so sensuous, exposed by a halter
Suddenly, my exquisite view, it is hidden
As my love's love appears and stands at her side
He tastes the fruit which for me is forbidden
Not wanting to be seen, behind the wall I hide
I close my eyes and I pretend it were me
My own lips pressed to hers in a soft kiss
I love to watch, though I know we can never be
And I live in my world of imagined bliss

So I sit under a tree, in the shade so cool
I try my best not to be a voyeristic fool.


--

I would like to add that this poem is not from my perspective. No...I do not have surpressed lesbian tendencies. This poem is from a man's perspective.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia