Skip to main content

from my inbox: Getting into Heaven

I was testing the children in my Sunday school class to see if they understood the concept of getting to heaven.

I asked them, "If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into Heaven?

"NO!" the children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept everything neat and tidy, would that get me into Heaven?"

Again, the answer was, "NO!"

By now I was starting to smile. Hey, this was fun!

"Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave candy to all the children and loved my husband, would that get me into Heaven?" I asked them.

Again, they all answered, "NO!"

I was just bursting with pride for them.

"Well," I continued, "then how can I get into Heaven?"

A five-year-old boy shouted out,

"YOU GOTTA BE DEAD."

--
♥Tiffany♥

Comments

  1. "everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die..." david crowder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at this one. Very cute. I have had kids say that to me as well, and they are so right... unless we get raptured first. I would much prefer that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia