Skip to main content

Actually, the real sucess was when he promised to do the dishes...

After editing out all my old blogs, I've come to be very thankful of where I am today. I'm so grateful for the people that God has put in my life to help me get to a better place.

Last night, Mike and I had a little dinner party at his place. A bunch of friends showed up and we all had a good time. I made lasagna that was a hit. There were no leftovers, I was so flattered. A friend of Mike's joked that I could come over any time to make dinner at his house. Desert was peach cobbler ice cream complemented with freshly sliced peaches.

It was a super good time. I wrote once that, to me, this is what life is all about. To spend time with friends and family, having fun and laughing. Okay, maybe that may not be what life is ALL about, but it sure is part what makes life so much fun.

Mike and I watched 'The Squid and the Whale'....I don't particularly reccomend it. We replaced it with 'Spanglish,' one of my favorite movies. I cried. Twice. I've noticed that when it comes to me crying in movies, the tears usually coincide with a sweet father/daughter moment. That's a daddy's girl for you.

When it was nearly 2am, Mike said he felt restless. So we walked around outside. It was humid, but not too hot, and the quietest I have ever experience in downtown Greenville. We looked at the artist-studios-to-come and at the low Reedy River. We stood on the bridge and I realized how lucky I truly am.

Then we ran back to Mike's condo laughing and splashing each other with water from the various fountain.

A good end to a good night. :-)

Today we are going to lunch, but not together. I'm going to lunch with the girls and Mike's going to lunch with the guys, haha. The girls' lunch will be so much more fun than the guys' lunch.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia