Skip to main content

Mixed feelings this morning.


I snapped at my kids this morning. I was trying to video chat and my kids kept interrupting me. And y'all. Is it too much to ask to just get a couple of sentences in?

And after snapping at my kids. I was both frustrated with myself and with them. I should speak to them kindly. But also, they should not be interrupting me.

I feel guilty for snapping at them. Especially when I see those puppy dog eyes. I feel guilty that I haven't done more to teach them respect. I feel annoyed because, oh my gosh, just go clean your room like I have asked you one million times in the past ten minutes. I'm reminded of why I usually video chat in a different room.

I'm torn between feeling like I should be the ever present mom and knowing that it is perfectly okay for my kids to entertain themselves.

(Drink of choice this morning: Tazo Perfect Energy Vanilla Spice tea + Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea + Coffee mate Funfetti creamer.)

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia