Skip to main content

Quarantine, Week 1

My week started off with a trip to Walmart. Monday is my normal grocery shopping day, and we needed a bit of replenishment. It was more crowded at 6AM than other Mondays, but no surprise there!

I've been trying to keep the kids on a bit of a schedule. Monday and Tuesday were easier. We woke up, ate, did worksheets, chores, and then played (outside or LEGO) until lunch. Then, they had quiet time followed by tablet time followed by more play time (outside or LEGO) until dinner. And bedtime immediately follows dinner.

On both Monday, we went for a hike. On Tuesday, I took the kids to Furman to ride their bikes!

Monday night I was able to chat with my mom which was so nice. She is quarantined in the Philippines. But she is doing okay and I'm so glad we were able to chat!



I've been able to get in plenty of exercise this week, which I've been very grateful for. The outdoors isn't canceled!

Indoor seating at restaurants has been closed! Drive-thru or take-out only. Many restaurants are doing curbside pickup. We went to White Duck Taco so we could eat and the kids could run around. They definitely spent more time running in the field than eating!

On Wednesday, we picked up our packets from school. I wasn't blindsided by how thick the packet was because I'd heard other moms talk about it online. But it comes to about 20 worksheets everyday. It's a lot for a kindergartener, but he does a great job!

Jojo is just pretending to sleep (as you can see) and Ruthie is genuinely passed out. I love snuggles with my babies and I'm getting a lot more snuggles these days!

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia