Skip to main content

Oh what a beautiful morning in the mountains!


Where: Paris Mountain State Park
Distance: 10.3 miles

Thursday brought me something I hadn't had in a while. Bright blue skies and both kids in school. So, of course, I took off to the mountains. It didn't occur to me until afterwards that planning a long run up a mountain was awfully ambitious considering I just had my race last weekend.


I decided on my route by doing some math: How much time I had divided by what pace I expected to go. I parked at the first shelters, ran around the lake and up towards Sulphur Springs. Up the mountain, down to North Lake, around the lake, up the tough side of Brissy Ridge, and then back down the mountain again.


It was when I was struggling up Brissy Ridge, wanting to really push myself, that I realized how much I missed my Tailwind. I don't think I realized until that point how much I depended on my liquid fuel. Candy is fun, but it doesn't have enough calories! Definitely need to make a new order for Tailwind asap.


In the end, I was really satisfied with this run. I pushed it hard. I didn't hurt myself. And I got so many achievements on Strava! (You KNOW that is where its at!)

When I finished, I totally rewarded myself with a yummy chicken sandwich and waffle fries. They were so well deserved!


Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia