Skip to main content

A blah day


Quarantine log day 10

Felt blah yesterday. Woke up feeling more blah. Just down. A little depressed. Emotional. Overwhelmed. Negative.

My husband had a period of no meetings in the morning, so he encouraged me to go for a run. After having J complete his english & language arts, and math for the day, I let the kids watch Pete The Cat (or Pete and the Cat, as Ruthie calls it!) and got ready to go.

I drove to three parking lots on the trail before I found one with open spots. Then I sat in the car for several minutes because I just didn't want to get out. It was cold and dreary outside. I knew I should just go. I knew I'd feel better. But sometimes, it's just hard to get out of the car.

It's funny how ten miles can seem way to short somedays and others, three miles seems impossible. Today, was obviously one of the days that three miles seemed impossible. I visualized my turn-around point in my mind and it just seemed so. far. away.

I decided to not pay too much attention to my time. Despite taking it pretty easy, I ended up cramping less than halfway through. It wasn't the refreshing run I had hoped it would be. But either way, I'm still glad I went. I've never regretting going for a run. It's important to me to maintain my level of fitness. And to have a mental break from homeschooling!


This is me, after the run. Wet from the rain, but probably better for having gotten fresh air. To be honest, I was still in a funk after I got home. I was short with the children. I cried. I was just not myself.

Once I got home, I made the kids lunch and we did more school (science/social studies & phonics/fluency.) Then, kids have a mandatory one hour a day in their rooms. No playing together. No being loud. It's a restful period.

Mike encouraged me to take a nap, and so I did. And I actually slept. I didn't just lay in bed and look at my phone, which is what I do a lot. I slept for over an hour and I was so grateful for that nap. I woke up feeling a bit better.


Today, after dinner and putting the kids to bed, I had a zoom conference with some friends. We watched an If:Gathering conversation. And really, I need a little more of that right now. A little more Jesus.  A little more connecting with other people, if only for a few minutes.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia