Skip to main content

haulternative

In April, I read an article about fast fashion.

I almost exclusively wear fast fashion and don't generally think about how it affects the planet. I'm a total nature lover, so it seems to be backwards that I am creating so much waste on clothes I honestly don't wear for long.

And its sad, but I don't generally think about the people working in garment factories making Target's $7 tees. Even though I have had family members working in garment factories. Its sadly easy to turn a blind eye to the hardship of the rest of the world.

I became really convicted after doing more research.

So, I challenged myself to go one full year without buying new clothes. I can, however, buy new-to-me clothes from thrift stores, consignment shops, and the like.

Last Saturday, I spent $17 at the thrift store and bought two dresses, a pair of shorts, and a dress for Ruthie.




Read more about fast fashion:
https://www.fashionrevolution.org/about/why-do-we-need-a-fashion-revolution/

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia