Skip to main content

28 weeks--hello third trimester

Hello third trimester! I can't believe we're already here.
  • I love the fact that my hormones are working and making my pelvis more loosey-goosey for delivery, but I am not so in love with the soreness that comes with it.
  • My glucose test was this week and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was so nervous about the test but I passed. :)
  • I did not do so well with my hemoglobin count. They sent me home with iron supplements. A friend had similar numbers to mine and almost had to get a blood transfusion, so I'm trying to eat more iron rich foods as well.
  • Maternity jeans & leggings are basically all I wear, but I'm still mostly wearing non-maternity tops.
  • As it gets colder, I will occasionally don a cardigan. Any tips on dressing the bump in the winter? I might get a few maternity sweaters, but most of the ones I've seen are shapeless and not my style.
  • Bella and I go for a two-mile walk twice a week. My goal is Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, but I usually end up skipping one of those days. Hmm...my goal this week? To not skip at all!
  • Also, on the exercise front, I'm trying to do my squats, pelvic rocking, tailor sitting, and kegels daily. I'm pretty good about everything but the squats. Right now, my daily goal is a 1m15s deep squat and 125 short squats. About every other day I conveniently forget. I should probably be better about that...
  • Last Saturday, we finally cleared out the second bedroom. That afternoon, Mike built Charlemagne's dresser and crib. The crib is bare, but putting together the nursery makes things seem so real!
  • On a pretty regular basis, I say something along the lines of, "Oh my gosh, we're going to have a baby in a few months." It's hard to believe that this is really happening.
  • I was feeling a little bittersweet last night, knowing that our lives will never be the same. I absolutely love my time with Mike. But I'm crazy excited to meet our son and I can't wait to see Mike be a dad. :)
  • Charlemagne is moving around lots and we just love it. I love to watch my belly move! It's so bizarre.
  • Our little guy is now weighing in at 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and measures about 13.6 to 14.8 inches. Getting bigger!

The photo on the right is from when I was 12 weeks pregnant. The photo on the left is now with just 12 weeks left to go! Wearing the same NY&Co cami in both photos.

p.s. sorry that one photo is b&w and the rest are sepia toned. I have NO idea why that is happening. They all looked the same on my computer and once I uploaded them, they looked different. Super annoying!

Comments

  1. I love reading these updates. This is such an exciting time for you!! I love that the reality seems to keep hitting you with the "we're going to have a baby!" It's adorable. Can't wait to hear more soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman