Skip to main content

streppy

The pain in my throat woke me up in the middle of the night, two nights ago. I was wondering if I didn't have strep and grabbed my phone to call my boss to ask her advice. Turns out L had a pretty bad sore throat too and was going to be swabbed to check for strep. So, I tagged along.

Two positives. So, L and I were streppy together. And you know, with bosses like mine, working when you'd rather be home isn't so bad. It was a lot like I was at home sick. Tea. Soup. Lying on the couch watching Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer.

  • Janelle swabbed me at her work. Saved me the $100 the minute clinic would have charged me for an exam and a lab.
  • L hung out at a (fellow streppy) friend's house almost all day and a neighbor volunteered to bring A home from school. (Due, I think, to Janelle calling them and giving them the lowdown.) Made my day much easier.
  • Jeff brought D home from preschool and then worked from home so I could rest in the guest room.
While I was at work, but I wasn't working, per se, most of the day. They're a pretty awesome family to work for.

By the way, did I mention that I'll be staying on part-part-part time? One half-day each week. Just a wee bit, but at least I'll get to see the kids every week. :)

Comments

  1. No, you didn't mention that. I was wondering. I'm very glad, though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia