Skip to main content

Bangladesh

Out of curiousity, I just looked up the 10-day weather forecast for Dhaka, Bangladesh. Oh. My. Gosh. The lowest low was 78°. For the next ten days, the high ranges from 95° to 102°. One-hundred-and-two degrees? In MARCH? But I'm not going in March, I'm going in April! I can only imagine how hot it will be then. Also, it's super humid, adding to the heat.


I don't know if I've mentioned that Mike and I are going to Bangladesh, yet. Have I? Well, we are. We'll be gone for about 10 days towards the end of April. Mike's been over there his fair share of time and is involved with two organizations that are based in Bangladesh: the Home of Love orphanage and Community Impact International. I'm excited to share this experience with him.


via

I have no idea what to expect, though. Last time I visited somewhere that was at all similar was when my family took a trip to the Phillipines when I was five. I remember:

  • Finding my crayons broken, crying and blaming my cousin. We couldn't communicate, so my mom translated for me and it turns out I sat on my crayons and broke them myself.
  • Getting a shot at the hospital because I got pnemonia. I remember nothing of being sick, though.
  • Riding a very large pig. My flip-flop fell off and landed in the pig pen. I never got that flip-flop back.

I have a feeling this trip will be very much a different experience. I'm excited about this big trip. To visit friends and meet new ones. To experience a vastly different culture. But, mostly, to get outside of myself for a little while.

via

Comments

  1. Excited to see pictures & read of your experiences there..have an "eat pray love" good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering when you were headed to Bangladesh. Too bad you didn't pick a cooler time of year to go! I say, stay away from flip-flops and bring home a person needing a home. You know, 28 Dorsey can give great hugs! :-)

    I'm so excited for you guys (but you especially since Mike's already been there). Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman