Skip to main content

God's Plan Doesn't Involve Zombies

When I was little I was afraid of the dark. Sometimes, I was so scared that I didn't know whether to keep my eyes open (to be vigilant!) or to squeeze my eyes closed (to not see anything scary). I alternated opening and closing my eyes for moments at a time until I fell asleep. The truth is, I wasn't really afraid of the dark. I was afraid of not knowing what was out there in all that pitch-black-ness.

I'm still not very fond of the dark. So, here I am, past midnight, walking from my car to my back door with my imagination going irrationally wild. My irrationality ques the zombie thoughts. I can't see what's in that corner or behind that bush. Remember those awful zombie dogs from "I Am Legend"? I do right as the dogs next door start going ballistic. It's a downward spiral from there. It's all I can do to get into my bedroom, shut the door, and turn every light on.

I know that the truth is that there are no zombies. (Because, really, that's just silly. I mean, who's afraid of zombies?) And maybe what your afraid of is something much more real like the financial crisis--particularly your financial situation. Or maybe your afraid of failing school. Getting fired. Debt mounting up. Losing loved ones.

There is plenty to be afraid of. When we're afraid because we don't know what's around the corner, what we really need to be doing is trusting. To trust can be ridiculously hard. Sometimes, we have to trust that He's doing what is right for us even when it feels impossible.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

When trusting in Him gets hard and I want to despair, I remind myself of that verse. God has got plans, people! Good plans. All I have to do is look backwards to remind myself of how true this is. Life has always gotten better. Sometimes I don't know why God has taken that away or why He has put me in this place. Then, when I'm smack-dab in the middle of not knowing, is when I need to trust Him. He knows what He's doing and He knows what is coming next.

♥, TiffanyAnne

Comments

  1. just read this, and thanks for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He knows what He's doing and He knows what is coming next."

    I really needed this reminder today. Thank you, Tiffany.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia