Skip to main content

Clean Room

Eight months ago, when I moved into my current residence, my bedroom took a serious downsize. My old bedroom was about 2 to 2.5 times the size of my current one. I had a desk, a coffee table, two sets of shelves, a club chair, and a queen size bed. I also had plenty of room to spare. I had a closet the size of Rhode Island. True story.

I moved in with three other girls and I couldn't very well have all of my personal decor all over a house that wasn't solely mine. I was now fixed with the problem of cramming all my bedroom furniture and all my personality in to a tiny 9X10 room.

And so I did. And it was cramped. And I eventually stopped complaining and got used to it.

Yesterday, however, I decided that I was going to de-clutter and rearrange my bedroom. Today, after shopping around at Target and K-Mart (more on K-mart later!) I came home with the tools I needed to organize my bedroom.

And so I did.

I got rid of my: desk, desk chair, club chair, faux-black iron shelf, and several silk flowers. I rearranged. I stored things neatly away in canvas box storage (itso and cubicals type stuff). I thew out a lot of trash. I swept, I dusted, I cleaned.

For most part of this ordeal my bed was covered in baskets, umbrellas, computer cords, picture frames, itso boxes, and other various sundries. A messy bed makes a room look messy. A bed covered in junk makes a room look 10x more disasterous.

Three solid hours later and my room was clean and beautiful.

I'm not the messy sort who just throws clothes on the floor. No, I throw clothes onto the every mounting pile on a chair. Tonight, I took off my jeans while changing for bed and realized that I did not have a single chair upon which I could throw them. And oh my gosh, I cleaned up after myself.

♥, TiffanyAnne

Comments

  1. NO WAY!

    I pile onto a chair too...throwing onto the floor would be just too messy, you know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia