Skip to main content

love isn't a feeling, it's an ability

I watched Dan in Real Life with my roommate just now. It was a fantastic movie. Very sweet. Lots of awkwardness, of course, because Dan is played by Steve Carell who does awkward so very well. I cried--wasn't expecting that. When he started talking about his deceased wife, I just lost it. It was not a typical romance, but one that felt a little more real than we usually see in movies. A romance that is complicated and hard and messy and someone could get hurt. That is closer to real life. Life is often messy and people get hurt. Whether it is a family member or a friend, love makes you vulnerable. And who wants to put themselves out there and risk that? But, I guess, if you don't risk it, you may never find out what might have been.

"I just don't want to go the rest of my life wondering about the woman in the bookstore..."

Dan in Real Life left me with that weird unnameable feeling in my chest that makes me want to read something sad so I can get out all those tears I held in...but at the same time wants to read poetry and dream of that over-the-moon-wonderful type of love.

♥, TiffanyAnne

Comments

  1. That's a great movie...I've watched it three times, and still I can hold myself togehter when Dan is talking how much he loves his wife...Love isn't feeling it's an ability, I'd forgive you your past if you'd forgive me mine...I love her, I love her, I love her, I love...her. Then go and get her:) There is something so pure about child's love to his/her parent...Great movie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia