Skip to main content

anti-climactic*

First day of school was today. As always, it was very anti-climactic...except for the false fire alarm going off three times today--that was just annoying.

It was silly of me to not anticipate the awful traffic that was in store for me. It was also silly of me to forget to bring something to keep me occupied between classes. I forgot that the first day of class consists of reading the syllabus and then adiosing the students outta there.

I ended up going to the nearest big box store to find a book to read. I spend most of my day in the Humanities building getting chastised for having my feet on the table (well, that only happened once) and reading Stolen Innocence. The book is written by a woman who was raised in the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS). She was married off to her 19-year-old first cousin when she was only 14. She did not even know what married people did in bed together besides sleep.

All my classes are journalism classes a few of which require me to be on the up and up when it comes to current events. This is something I currently do not do. But I suppose if I would like to see a nice line of five A's in a row at the end of the semester, I had better start checking those headlines.

When asked our career goals, I said I would like to do freelance one day. More often than not, I was met with raised eyebrows. I know that doing solely freelance is something I will be able to do right out of college if I want to, you know, have a place to live and have food to eat. Maybe it is something I will never be a good enough writer to do but right now, it is something that want to work towards. Because will you never know until you try.

♥, TiffanyAnne

*anti-climactic. Last time I used this word, people needed clarification. I think it is self-explanatory...but maybe I am wrong. Maybe I only get it because it is one of my favorite words. Essentially, the word means lacking climax. I use it when I am really excited and it ends up being boring (like the first day of school) or when I have high expectations that are not met. Now you know.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman