Skip to main content

Strawberry Salad

Recipe from girltalk. Yummy, easy to make salad. I made it tonight and it got devoured. :-)

another photo mercilessly stolen with the help of google

Strawberry Salad

Salad:
1 bag romaine lettuce
1 bag spinach
1 pt. strawberries
1 can mandarin oranges
1 c. pecans, salted & roasted at 350 degrees for 7 min.

Dressing:
1/3 c. white vinegar
¾ c. sugar
1 tsp ground mustard
1 ½ tsp. onion flakes
½ tsp. poppy seeds
1 tsp salt
1 c. oil.

Mix and toss salad ingredients. To make dressing: Heat vinegar and sugar until sugar dissolves. Add mustard, onion flakes, poppy seeds, salt and oil. Pour dressing over salad just before serving.

♥Tiffany♥

Comments

  1. That sonuds more like a dessert than a salad. Is it as sweet as it sounds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not super sweet. Mine didn't have nearly as much fruit as the one in the picture does. The dressing (despite all the sugar) isn't that sweet and and really compliments the salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...I'll take your word for it. I pretty much swear by ranch on any and every salad I make (fruit salads not included, since I tend to eat those as is).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
    I don't know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous
    blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia