Skip to main content

When you smile, I melt inside

Last night was so much fun. Mike and I went on our 'first date.' Haha. You may be confused, but this is true. Last night we went on our first real dinner date. Isn't that crazy? We've hung out a lot and I've cooked for each other a couple of times and the like, but before last night, we had yet to go on a real dinner date.

I wore my cute new outfit (pink skirt with black polka dots, black wrap shirt over pink camisole). Mike cleaned up well too ;-) and looked way hot.

Mike asked me where I wanted to go and I said: surprise me. So he did. We had reservations for 7pm and when I asked him "Where?" (several times) he replied with, "A restaurant!" We went to Sophisticated Palate which has been described as "one of Greenville's best kept secrets." It was absolutely fabulous. I highly reccomend it. We stayed for almost two hours enjoying each other's company. An older gentleman (I think he may be the owner) gave us each a drink on the house. He said it was a Caribbean style drink. All I know is that the whiskey in that drink was enough alcohol for me...espeically after my two glasses of wine. (I've a low tolerence for wine.)

We walked around for a bit and found ourselves going down the stairs of Coffee Underground. We got french press coffee which I have never had before. I enjoyed it. If Christine would have been there, she would have told us that we were being gross. We were holding hands across the table and the whole ooh-ahh gazing etc. It was fabulous. :-D

We ended up running into a lot of people down there. (Kathy, Tom, Marco, Michelle, Tim, Neil, Ray, Gwen, Erica, and Vanessa.) Mike said that it was our "first date" and after we all laughed, Marco asked if he had gotten to kiss me yet. "I don't kiss on the first date," Mike said. Haha. Around 10:30 we finally left because I had to be up for work early the next day. And when we got back to my place, we were joking around like it really was our first date. "Well, I had a really good time. Maybe we could do this again?" "Yeah, I had a lot of fun. That would be great."

I have the best boyfriend in the whole world.

Lets go... don't wait... this nights almost over
Honest... lets make... this night last forever
Forever, and ever... lets make this last forever
Forever, and ever... lets make this last forever

Comments

  1. Your story reminded me of my first date too. It was just like yours. Felt nostalgic there.

    Cheers to a new week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman