Skip to main content

The tick-tock of the clock is painful

It's a countdown that is bittersweet.

9 days until June 2nd.

I'm excited for June 2nd because camp starts! Yay! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I'm worried that I won't do a good job. Camp is such an awesome place, and I cannot wait to immerse myself in that world.

I'm also not-so-excited because this means my every-spare-moment spree with Mike comes to an abrupt halt. Terribly abrupt. He'll be in Georgetown doing a photo shoot that evening and then I won't be able to see him again until he leaves for Bangladesh. He'll be there for nearly three weeks. Timing is good though, I suppose. He's gone when I'm gone.

A few days after Mike leaves for the 3rd-world, I leave with Dad and Mary for Reno. Drinking and gambling with my sis and my daddy. I must say, I am a bit excited about this.

This summer will be really awesome, but it will also suck. Must remember to look on the bright sides. Mike says that this summer will either make us or break us. I'll leave the break out of it, though. 'Cause this guy is something spectacular.

Comments

  1. The summer always holds this power over people that the other seasons seem to be without. The summer is a time of change, a time of letting go of old things and holding on to new. We learn that for twelve years. Every summer is a transition period from one grade to the next, from one stage of our lives to another. If you want to hold on to something, you must hold on tightly. Give it all the effort you've got but at the same time, enjoy it.

    I'm reminded of Frank Sinatra's song, "Summerwind".

    That's not going anywhere, i was just thinking about it. Anyway, hold on to Mike and enjoy the relationship that God has given you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman